Monday, October 27, 2008

Bake Ease & Zucchini Bread

A couple years ago I discovered this wonderful product. If you are a baker, you're going to love this stuff! Bake Ease is the Kroger name for it. I know you can get it at Wal-Mart cheaper but I can't remember what it's called there. What it is, is a spray like Pam with flour in it to spray in your baking pans. Do you know what that means? No more smearing shortening or oil in the pan and then putting flour in it and doing what I call the Flour Dance to get the flour all over the pan so your bread, cake, muffins or whatever else doesn't stick to the pan. I use this stuff on cookie sheets, bread pans, can pans and anything else I use to bake with. When I was younger and in 4-H, I did cake decorating and I hated making sure those Wilton pans got every single spot covered so my character cake wouldn't lookse an eye, ear or anything else. I wish this stuff had been around then. I love it!
Those bread pans behind the can are some old pans that my mother had for years. I used to use those pans a lot or watch her use them and could never figure out wht was up with the weird indention on the bottom of the pan because it never came out on the bread. I made zucchini bread not long ago using those pans and for the forst time I saw the indention in the bread. I still have no idea why it is there, but it looked cool on the bottom of the bread. I don't know if the indentions were there for some sort of support system or just to make you wonder why it's there, but it was there.
This recipe for zucchini bread is an old recipe from my husbands family. I'm going to copy the instructions EXACTLY how I received them. Hopefully you'll know to mix the ingredients before you bake them. I usually mix a few ingredients together before I add a few more. I sometiems add them in different orders also. It always tastes good so I guess there's really no wrong way to do it.
Zucchini Bread

2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup nuts (optional)
1 cup oil
Dash of cinnamon
2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon bakig powder
2 cups grated zucchini
3 cups flour
Bake at 350° for one hour.
Makes 2 loaves.

No comments: