Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Taste of Home Cooking School & Stir Fry

I don't have a gadget to review for you today because I want to tell you about something really fun!! Most of you probably know about Taste of Home and the magazines they print and the Cooking Schools they do all over the country. Well, last Thursday night I was able to go to one of their Cookin School presentations here where I live. It's the second year our local newpaper has sponsored it. I didn't get tickets in time last year so I made sure I got them this year and am SOOOOOO happy I did! If you have the opportunity to go to one, you HAVE to do it! The lady doing the class had a ton of door prizes to give away from Taste of Home, Ziploc, McCormick and a bunch of other othe the national sponsors and then our newspaper had a bunc of prizes from our local sponsors PLUS we had a goodie bag full of all storts of coupons and samples. It was a great time!

One of the recipes the lady showed us how to make is called Seame Pork. It smelled WONDERFUL! I made some changes to the recipe (because that's what I do) and we had it for dinner last night. There were a few other recipes I'm going to try (and of course make some changes to) and then if they turn out, I'll share them with you. If you have never checked out Taste of Home, go to their website. They have lots of great recipes and they have lots of cool gadgets for sale on their site. I love their magazines and the comapny as a whole because the recipes come from people like you and I! You and I can submit recipes to the site and win prizes or see your recipe in print! Here's my version of the cooking school recipe:



Taste of Home Cooking School Inspired Stir Fry
3 Tablespoons Hoisin Sauce
3 Tablespoons Teriyaki Sauce
3 Teaspoons Cornstarch
2 Garlic Cloves
1 1/2 Pounds Chicken, Beef or Pork, Thinly Sliced
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil, Divided
2 Teaspoons Sesame Oil
1 Bag Frozen Stir Fry Veggies
2 Tablespoons Sesame Seeds
1. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce, teriyaki sauce, cornstarch, and garlic and set aside.
2. Cook the meat in 1 tablespoon hot canola oil and 2 teaspoons sesame oil until no longer pink. Add meat to the sauce mixer.
3. In the same pan, add the remaining canola oil and cook frozen veggies until warmed through but still crisp-tinder.
4. Add the suce and meat to the skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes unti heated through.
The lady at the cooking class served her's with some rice, but we had a bunch of leftover spaghetti noodles from a few nights earlier so we served our's low mein style and that was really good, too! Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Peanut said...

I am glad you had such a good time. Did you win anything?

Moco said...

That looks like it would be good just like it is.