Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Silicone Bake Ware & Brown Sugar Cake

Sorry I haven't been around very much lately. It's been a busy summer. I have a bunch of recipes to share with you though.

As a wedding gift, I received a bunch of these silicone bake ware. I have a bread pan, muffin pan, a fluted tube pan and a cupcake size rose shaped cake pan. I think this is the first post of where I tell you I'm not really excited about the gadget. The tube pan and rose cake pan are nice and work really well, but I have to spray the bread pan and muffin pan (which you aren't supposed to have to do) and it's kind of annoying having to put them on a cookie sheet to put them in the oven. I spray all of them a little since I have had so many issues with the bread pan and the muffin pan. I would say, if you're trying to decide between a regular piece of bake ware and a silicone piece of bake ware, go with the regular.
Below is a VERY good recipe for Brown Sugar Cake. I modified it a little from the original recipe I found like I do a lot and it is now one of our favorite cake recipes! Enjoy!

Brown Sugar Cake
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package vanilla flavor instant pudding
4 eggs
2/3 cup sour cream
2/3 cup water
1/2 cup oil
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons granulated sugar mixed with 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon sprinkled in the pan after spraying it with cooking spray
1. Heat oven to 350° F
2. Beat first 6 ingredients with mixer until well blended. Add brown sugar and mix well.
3. Pour into 12-cup fluted tube pan or 10-inch tube pan sprayed with cooking spray and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
4. Bake 1 hour or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cook cake in pan 15 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan and invert onto wire rack. remove pan and cool cake completely.

No comments: