Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cheese Ball

First I want to apologize for not posting in such a long time! We had company for 2 weeks over Thanksgiving. The good news is, I have a bunch of recipes and pictures to share with you. To tide you over until then, here is a very yummy cheese ball recipe. There isn't a picture because out of the 4 I made for Thanksgiving, none of them lasted long enough to take a picture of. I really didn't use any special gadget either so this post is just a recipe. I have made this Cheeseball many times. Sometimes I make 2 medium sized balls and sometimes I make 1 big one. If you make the 2 medium sized, you'll need more than 1 cup of pecans to cover them. If you are going to make a double batch, I highly recommend doing each batch separate. It is a little hard on your mixer to mix them both at the same time - trust me!! This is also a fun recipe to do with kids. My niece had a great time being in charge of making sure the entire outside of every cheese ball was covered in pecans.
Enjoy!
Cheese Ball
2 8 oz. packages cream cheese, softened
1 8 oz. package shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons Worcestshire sauce
1 teaspoon lime juice
Dash Cayenne Pepper
1 cup (or more) chopped pecans
1. Beat cream cheese and cheddar cheese in small bowl with electric mixer on medium speen until well blended.
2. Mix in all remaining ingredients except pecans; cover. refrigerate several hours or overnight.
3. Shape into ball, roll in pecans. Serve with assorted crackers.

2 comments:

Peanut said...

oh I've been looking for a cheeseball recipe. Thanks

Carla said...

My family buys cheeseballs constantly. I should convince them to make our own. Thanks for the recipe!