Saturday, January 24, 2009

Chex Mix & Small Measuring Cup

Here's the second recipe and gadget for today!

This is one of my most favorite gadgets. I gave my sister one for Christmas and it's now her favorite, too. The one I have her was a lot bigger though. If you get annoyed when you have to measure both wet and dry ingredients with your measuring spoons, you'll love this! It measures, teaspoons, tablespoons and ounces. Using this measuring cup for your wet ingredients means you don't have to clean your measuring spoons before you stick them in your dry ingredients.
I know there's a bunch of Chex mix recipes out there and you never have to look for one because there's usually one printed on the box of Chex cereal, but this is the best recipe for Chex Mix I've found and it's all because of those little bagel chips. In previous years, I've bought the bigger bagel chips and broke them up, but this year I found the little ones at a tiny grocery store that I hardly ever shop at. I hop it wasn't a special one time thing, because we loved the non broken bagel chips.


Chex Mix
6 tablespoons butter (melted)
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
3 cups Corn Chex Cereal
3 cups Rice Chex Cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex Cereal
1 cup mixed nuts
1 cup pretzels
1 cup garlic flavored bite-size bagel chips (or the bigger ones broken up into bite-size pieces)
1. Heat oven to 250 degrees F. In an small mixing bowl, mix together butter, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
2. In an ungreased roasting pan, mix together the rest of the ingredients.
3. Stir the mixture as you sprinkle the wet mixture on. (This is easier with 2 people.)
4. Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels until cooled. Store in airtight container.
FYI: With full boxes of Chex Cereal, you can get 4 batches. I usually do 2 batches at once.
Enjoy!


2 comments:

Carla said...

I just bought that measuring glass at Wal Mart because I was thinking how much easier if I used that for liquids and not share my measuring spoons.

Dining Alone said...

I totally need one of those little measuring cups!!