Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lemon Pepper Chicken

There isn't a photo for this recipe. When we plan to spend the day out fishing, hiking or whatever else we plan I like to put a crock pot meal together. This last weekend, was one of those days. This was the first time I made this recipe and I will NEVER EVER EVER EVER roast a chicken in the oven again and is also the reason why there isn't a picture. When we got home from the lake and pulled the chicken out, it was so tender it fell apart. I wanted a pretty picture of the chicken on the plate, but it didn't work. We had to use slotted spoons to take the chicken out of the pot because it kept falling off the forks. When I went to put away what was left, I had to problem taking the meat off the bones, plus there was wonderful broth to make chicken noodle soup for dinner the next night!
Hope you enjoy this tender chicken recipe! If you make this recipe and are able to get a good picture of it and wouldn't mind sharing it with me and everybody else, leave me a comment.

Lemon Pepper Chicken
1 whole chicken
lemon juice from 1 lemon
lemon pepper
onion powder
garlic powder
salt
1/2 cup chicken broth
Sprinkle lemon juice and spices over entire chicken. Place the chicken in the crock pot and add chicken broth. Cook on low 5-7 hours.
Enjoy!

No comments: