Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Carmel Pecan Coffee Cake

Hope you have a fun and safe Memorial Day weekend! I don't think we'll be doing anything exciting, but I'm sure I'll be doing some baking.
This recipe I have had in my stack of recipes I've pulled from magazines and newspapers that I've been collecting for years and have been planning on trying. It is really good, but for some reason most of my carmel went to the bottom and then when it set up, it was a pain to get it out of the bottom of the dish. It's still really good though. Enjoy!
Carmel Pecan Coffee Cake
Batter
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 envelopes (5 teaspoons) yeast
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup very warm water (120-130 degrees F.)
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Carmel Pecan Topping
1/3 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
1. Mix batter ingredients and pour into sprayed 9 1/2-inch deep dish pie plate.
2. Combine cinnamon sugar topping ingredients in small bowl.
3. Stir together corn syrup, brown sugar and butter in small bowl.
4. Top batter evenly with cinnamon sugar topping.
5. Spoon the caramel pecan topping evenly over the batter.
6. Bake by placing in a cold oven; set temperature to 350 degrees F. Bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm in center.


2 comments:

Peanut said...

The hubby would like this. I might have to actually make it for him

La Pixie said...

Im a new reader to your blog.


This looks very interesting. I will totally be trying it soon.