Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Grilled Potatoes

One of the best parts about summer is being able to use the grill more. I think grilled meat tastes so much better. I found a recipe to make a side dish on the grill and then of course I modified it a little bit. I'll share with you the side dish today and since I haven't blogged in awhile, I'll share the pork chop recipe with you later this week.
Your potatoes ill look a little different because the original recipe said to add the cheese at the beginning. I usually share a recipe with you after I make the final changes to it and I know it's perfect, but this is a small change. Adding the cheese at the beginning makes the cheese melt and run to the bottom and makes a crunchy layer of cheese on the bottom of the foil.


Grilled Potatoes
3 large potatoes, sliced 1/4-inch thick
1 medium onion, chopped
1/4 cup butter, cubed
1 teaspoon seasoned salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups your favorite cheese blend
1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
Preheat grill to medium heat.
Put potatoes and onions in a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 18-inches square) that has been coated with nonstick cooking spray.
Top potatoes and onions with butter, seasoned salt and pepper. Close up foil and place on grill. Grill, covered for 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add cheese and bacon and grill for 5 minutes longer. Remove from grill and serve.
Enjoy!

No comments: